Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday 31 January 2013

Ivory Soap Cloud

I have seen the pin on Pinterest with the Ivory Soap Cloud and when my husband came home from Costco with a huge pack of Ivory Soap bars I just had to give it a shot (I am not sure if it works with any other kinds of soap). I thought how much fun it would be to let the kids watch it grow then split up the cloud and let them mold it into shapes and a new bar of soap that they could use - as said promised here - Our Best Bites

So I didn't read all of the instructions...a shock I know. I tried to get the kids to mold the soap by squishing it into cookie cutters, but it would all just fall apart again. You do need to mix it in a food processor with some warm water THEN put it into the cookie cutter to mold it. 
The kids all lined up to watch the soap grow in to a cloud.

Here is our soap cloud after 1:30minutes in the microwave. I have to warn you the smell is overpowering. I also found 1/4 of the bar in the back of the microwave so I put that part back in for another 45 seconds. 

 Here they are trying to mash the dry soap cloud into cookie cutters...not working....



While the activity was fun, it made a HUGE mess everywhere, this stuff gets on the floor, on clothes and tracked through the rest of the house. The kids had fun but I think I spent more time cleaning up afterwards than they did playing with it. 

I was left with a pile of dry soap flakes which I saved in a jar and use it to wash my hands at the kitchen sink. The kids think it's fun to use the soap crumbs so I guess it wasn't a total fail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment