Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday 14 February 2013

Valentine's Day Breakfast


We had a fun Valentine's Day, while I was getting ready to make this post I realized all of our activities revolved around food. Who doesn't love food?!

A Heart-filled Breakfast!

I wanted to make a special breakfast for my kids on Valentine's morning. I made bacon, eggs and toast all heart shaped.

I made a heart shaped poached egg by putting a greased heart shaped cookie cutter in a frying pan that was on medium heat with a bit of olive oil in it. Then I cracked the egg and poured it inside the cookie cutter. Next I poured 1/4 cup of water in the pan then put a lid over the pan and cooked for a couple minutes (my kids like a firm white and runny yolk for dipping). I carefully pushed out the egg onto the plate and there you have it, a poached heart egg!



Next I made heart shaped bacon by folding it into the shape of a heart on a baking pan. Then into the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Next I made some toast and cut it into the shape of a heart.


The finished product!


They were excited, even though my son looks like he is still asleep lol.

2 comments: