Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Delicious Black Bean Brownies



My daughter usually refuses to eat meat, so I have been trying to come up with interesting ways to get extra protein into her. I came across black bean brownies and thought I would give it a shot. They turned out great! They taste great, I can't keep a pan in the house for more than a day without them all disappearing. Here is the recipe I use.

Ingredients 

  • 1 (540 ml) can black beans, thoroughly drained and rinsed
  • 3/4 cup sugar (you can probably go down to 1/2 if you don't like things too sweet)
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tbl oil (I have used coconut and olive oil both work great)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp instant coffee (this is optional but I highly recommend it)
  • 1/4 nuts (optional)
  • 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips (optional but also recommended) 
Spray an 8X8 pan or I use an 8X11 pan with Pam. Preheat oven to 350.

Put your black beans, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, eggs, oil, vanilla and coffee into a food processor and pulse until mixture is smooth.

Pour mixture into pan and sprinkle your nuts, and chocolate chips on top.

Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.

This brownies are healthy, tasty and moist!  ENJOY!


Nutritional Info (16 servings, without nuts)

Calories per brownie 105
Total grams of fat       4g

No comments:

Post a Comment