Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Do It Yourself Buddha Board

I have always wanted a Buddha Board, it seems so relaxing to paint something and then it disappears and you get to start over again. Now that I have children there are more reasons to want one. If your kids are like mine they LOVE to paint. The problem is that I always find that I spend more time cleaning then they do painting, which is why a Buddha Board would be awesome since you just need water! I could have gone out to buy one, but when I looked they were too expensive for us to buy, so I saw how to make one and I thought I would give it a shot.

Supplies

  • 1 sheet of Brush Stroke Paper (you can find this at your local art store)
  • 1 8x10 Frame (I got mine at the dollar store)
  • Acrylic Paint (if you decide you want to make your frame pretty)
My whole project only cost me $4.60!!!!! 

Here are the steps I took:

 I took the glass and back off the frame, picked out my color and started to paint!
 This is after the first coat.
 My daughter wanted to join me, this is 2 minutes before I had to leave the room for no more than 60 seconds and she took that lovely painting on the couch with her. I had pink paint on my couch, all over her and on my Coach bag. Lesson learned!
Once the frame dried (and my couch was cleaned) I put the the brush stroke paper in the frame first, then the glass behind it, and then the back of the frame. Put a little water on your brush and paint away!


4 comments:

  1. This is so great! We just saw these in a store (for way too much money) especially since all three kids would love to have one. I'm so glad your site came up in my "how to" search since it is the nicest looking board I've seen and by far the simplest. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you enjoyed this post. It was fun to make and my kids still play with it. I hope yours turned out well and that you children are enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you use glue to glue the brush stroke paper on the glass? If yes, what kind of glue did you use?

    ReplyDelete