Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday 17 March 2012

That Leprechaun is TRICKY!

My son has been curious about St. Patrick's Day so we started talking about the Leprechaun and his pot of gold at the end of the rainbow (what else is it really about anyways? haha). I saw a pin on Pinterest awhile ago (which I can't for the life of me find now to site the source) about catching a leprechaun so I thought I would try to make it into a fun activity/scavenger hunt for the kids. First I got my son and daughter to find all things that are green to put into the trap, because of course that is the best way to lure a leprechaun. Next we set up the trap and then they had to go to bed with the anticipation of finding someone under their trap in the morning.





Well that leprechaun sure is tricky because instead of finding him they found a note under the trap.  


Now onto the scavenger hunt!

And finally they found his pot of gold, which I think they enjoyed way more than if they had found some tiny, grumpy weird looking fellow under their trap lol. 




Here are the steps I took to make the trap:

First I painted a terracotta plant pot, I wanted to do black but I didn't have any black acrylic pant, so I went with mixing my green acrylic and black finger paint, it turned out to be a dark green once dried.



Next I made the messages that the leprechaun left.
Leprechaun Trap


Then to set up the trap!


And finally my plan was to buy chocolate dollar coins, but that fell through when I sent my husband out to find them at the grocery store, even though I have seen them there numerous times he SWEARS they weren't there, hmmmm... So instead I used gold Lindt chocolate and left them in the pot of gold!


1 comment:

  1. I love this Cassandra! I'm definitely going to help Sloan set up a trap next St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete